Words of Wisdom

quotes Khrystine likes


"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."— Mark Twain

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Eyes that See (The Balancer Chronicles)

The Eyes that See (The Balancer Chronicles)The Eyes that See by Chris Adonn

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


First of all, let me say this book is very short, and may perhaps be meant as a teaser, which may negate what I am about to say. BUT...I thought it could have been so much better. Adonn's idea isn't all that unique, but could be very fun in a sort of high brow vampire-slayer sort of way. However, he just didn't make me feel it. The characters were undeveloped (see disclaimer) and one character (who Adonn admits is his favorite) is unlikeable. I believe he is supposed to be cocky and charming (just my type) but he doesn't quite let us see the charm. Instead, we simply are to assume he's likeable because Adonn keeps telling us so. I find myself curious to see if the next book might be better, but I won't go out of my way to read it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment